Music Banter - View Single Post - Best Childhood memories
View Single Post
Old 11-06-2013, 10:17 AM   #24 (permalink)
Scarlett O'Hara
Make it so

What's everyone's favourite memories? It doesn't need to be childhood only.

I have been reminiscing about my trip to Antarctica. We went on a ten day trip (as part of a scholarship), spent a couple of days before and after at Scott Base. We drove over to McMurdo base (America's) and had lunch (which was greasy disgusting nachos). We spend 7 days camping out on the ice on Ross Ice Shelf, carrying out scientific studies, visiting Scott's hut, rock climbing and abseiling, surveying Weddell Seals, and measuring snow stakes for a tutors PhD. My favourite part was when we had to make an ice cave to sleep in for one night. It took all day to build and we were all knackered by the end of it. My group (my hilarious friend Chris and Manual who recorded everything!) and my tent mate Jasmine had to built a toilet when we first arrived. Every night we would make a milo mixed with Baileys and on Christmas day Santa (the chef) came out with a beautiful roast meal as well as desert. We all got exceedingly drunk, I got told off for being noisy and a group of us took a bottle of baileys and we passed around a weather balloon to give us high voices (due to Helium). The McMurdo gift shop was fantastic, so many great things to buy! When we were at Scott Base we would go to the bar each night with a party when we first arrived and a party for New Years Eve. Unfortunately we never got to do the polar plunge (I really wanted to do it) because some douche bag **** in the shower. The staff assumed it was my group but I think it was other people staying over. I dressed up as Albert Einstein for a presentation which was fun. On the way home from Scott's hut we stopped to watch a Adele Penguin slid and waddle, it was happy as larry.

Here is a couple of videos and photos for those interested: