Music Banter - View Single Post - Beautiful Atmospheric Piano Solos, or Scores Featuring Piano
View Single Post
Old 11-06-2013, 05:47 PM   #1 (permalink)
Spalding
Groupie

Default Beautiful Atmospheric Piano Solos, or Scores Featuring Piano

Could Someone help me find some really great Piano scores? I am too young to be a major Classical buff, and in fact I found my way into classical through electronic(a) music.

For example here are some of the most beautiful piano riffs I have ever heard in my limited experience there are not many:

Moonlight Sonata, by Beethoven; Avril 14th, Kesson Daslef, Petiatil Cx Htdui, by Aphex Twin (all of which are very short, but by far some of the most emotionally charged piano solos I have ever heard, if these songs evolved into something longer while retaining what is so good about them, it would be pure bliss, I'd highly recommend these to anyone who enjoys the sound of piano.)

Both of these exemplified batches of songs are more moody than electrifying. It is the progression of these songs which I love so much, probably Aphex Twin couldn't manage much more than the average 2 min being a predominantly experimental electronica artist.

All of these songs are mostly solos and moody and atmospheric. Moonlight Sonata is a given, but I would highly recommend listening to the Aphex Twin songs to get a feel for what I am asking for. Certainly Moonlight Sonata features prominently here, being the best solo I've ever heard, and probably ever will.

Thank you very much for your help.
Spalding is offline   Reply With Quote