Music Banter - View Single Post - I'm Here Today, Expect It To Stay On - Ki's Journal of Music
View Single Post
Old 11-06-2013, 08:58 PM   #102 (permalink)
Key

Porcupine Tree - Stupid Dream

I know i've been adding a lot of Porcupine Tree / Blackfield stuff to my journal, but I've just been on a constant binge of listening to both projects in it's entirety, and this album is what I chose for tonight, and i'm so happy I did. It's been a long time since I last attempted to listen to this album, and at the time I wasn't too interested, as I felt it was boring and lacked anything interesting. However, that has completely flipped around this time around, i'm finding a lot of beautifully structured material in this album, and although i'm not all the way through it just yet, it has not gotten stale, each song adds it's own individuality. There is one that sticks out the most so far, and for good reason:

Don't Hate Me

I am in love with this song so much already, and I can tell it will be a repeated listen for a long time. Not only does it follow the traditional sound of Porcupine Tree, it adds that brass near the middle which makes it shine that much more. It's mellow proggy sound also makes it very easy to listen to without getting bored, because I know there's a lot of mellow prog that can get boring after a while, however it being 8 minutes long just makes it easier to enjoy it without feeling like it's dragging on and on.

I'm very impressed with this album, and I don't know why I haven't listened to this sooner, because now I feel like my list of favorite Porcupine Tree will be shifted a bit due to how much I am enjoying this. There are constant surprises at every turn with this album, but it still has the beauty of one amazing Porcupine Tree album.
Key is offline   Reply With Quote