Music Banter - View Single Post - Daft Punk
Thread: Daft Punk
View Single Post
Old 11-07-2013, 12:32 AM   #408 (permalink)
Werda
Groupie

Also I feel like the promotion of the album had a lot to do with it's reception. They literally drip-fed it online with the virality of the VICE docos and the recording of the teaser for Get Lucky at Glastonbury, etc. Makes you think about the current power of online promotion and all the tools labels use nowadays outsid of traditional P.R and Marketing....

There are heaps of agencies now in the US and UK who do music-specific digital P.R and social media... so heaps of indie artists are gaining traction that way, making it seem acquiring new fans is so organic and ****... I'm still undecided about it all but it's defintiely the future....

A mate of mine was signed to this new label which I think is in beta, or just left it, I can't really remember... but basically the label rewards people for sharing it's music? I'm not quite sure what the rewards are, but I think a job is up for grabs, cash, merch etc, pretty cool idea - www.werdamouth.com

Obviously Daft Punk, and the more mainstream EDM artists probably wouldnt benefit from this kind of promotion, but defintiely the smaller acts I feel.

But, really, bottom line? Well done on that campaign Daft Punk, never have I frothed so hard over an album's release.
Werda is offline   Reply With Quote