Music Banter - View Single Post - You and your teenage self
View Single Post
Old 11-07-2013, 06:31 PM   #21 (permalink)
djchameleon
A.B.N.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freebase Dali View Post
I don't disagree that learning from mistakes is valuable.
I just don't think it's more valuable than not having made them at all if you understand what's at stake.

Whether that's from foresight, trust, advice or anything else... if you can avoid a negative life-altering decision, you're generally better off not having altered your life irreversibly just to realize you don't enjoy it.
However, more often than not, we will tend to gamble on the infallibility of our own decisions and only realize this after it's too late.

If there is one thing I've learned in my life that has a lot of value to me, it's that the experience of people who have been through things before is a lot more valuable than the assumptions of those who haven't.
Unfortunately, this is often appreciated too late, if at all.
Yeah, I understand that in hindsight but young people usually don't realize that and that's why they shun advice majority of the time. They take the person's advice for granted. The person that actually went through those troubling times were allowed to experience it and go through that so why can't I? is the mentality.
Fame, fortune, power, titties. People say these are the most crucial things in life, but you can have a pocket full o' gold and it doesn't mean sh*t if you don't have someone to share that gold with. Seems simple. Yet it's an important lesson to learn. Even lone wolves run in packs sometimes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoxyRollah View Post
IMO I don't know jack-**** though so don't listen to me.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Franco Pepe Kalle View Post
The problem is that most police officers in America are psychopaths.
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Batlord View Post
You're a terrible dictionary.
djchameleon is offline   Reply With Quote