Music Banter - View Single Post - Heavy Music
Thread: Heavy Music
View Single Post
Old 11-07-2013, 08:04 PM   #9 (permalink)
Engine
air quote

Hello, Dear Readers

Just kidding. I absolutely despise writers who address their supposed audience as "dear reader" - like Mister Nabokov up there, the master of arrogant blah blah. I assume that anyone who ever says Dear Reader at the beginning of a sentence must look like that.

Anyway, I'm about to talk briefly about one of my favorite heavy bands. This one is called Mare, now sadly disbanded. While you read the few words I will write about them about them, listen to this song

That, to me, is heavy. I view heavy music as cathartic expressions of intense emotions - typically the most detrimental ones. Fear, Hatred, Isolation, Greed, Love, Despair.. stuff like that

This band Mare was heavy. Nobody I know likes them. Not because they were *too* heavy of course but for reasons that nobody has told me. Not even the old time Hydra Head heads that I associate with like them. The band disappeared maybe due to lack of interest. This is a mystery to me. I used to despair over why they didn't make big waves but I've become used to it. Like all the human emotions, it passed.

I do wish they had made more music before disbanding but now Mare is just the name of an old band on a badge I wear, and I will die singing their praise.

mare