Music Banter - View Single Post - Music's dead.
Thread: Music's dead.
View Single Post
Old 11-16-2005, 11:05 PM   #93 (permalink)
PerFeCTioNThrUSileNCe
Bright F*cking Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBig3KilledMyRainDog
Did you really say the Vines were taking risks?

Listen you, by the grace of god, were blessed to have found this place. Everyone comes here listening to their local KROQ offspring, and knowing classic rock, new **** and little else.

Im not going to blow my own horn here, but if you asked Me, Rise Against, Misfits, and Boo boo what bands were really a breath of fresh air in music today, you'd easily get 40 diffrent bands...at the very least.

MB is a portal to music you didn't know existed before, all you have to do is say something like "I really like [band] because of [reason] and we could **** out 14 bands that may do something similar but not at all the same.

Music's dead if you listen to corporate play lists, but in the seedy nightclub underbelly of music, there lies a heartbeat of passionate music and the deathrattle of of the corporate behemoth.

Its actually not that bad right now, if your 14 today, then you missed the horrid stretch of 98-01. Todays music seen is far more varied (even on three-peice suit radio) and its in no way dying.
big3, you said it perfectly. music isnt dead, not by any means. sure, maybe the mainstream stuff you hear on the radio every day is getting old and bland...but if you go to small nightclubs and concert venues that hold local bands shows weekly, youll hear stuff that no ones ever heard before. the bands you'll hear there usually aren't, and for the most part will never be signed to a record label, but they are what keeps music going. maybe not the industry, but the spirit. if you're referring to the industry, its only suffering because of the outplayed junk it puts in stores these days.
My ego's like my stomach- it keeps shitting what I feed it.
But maybe I don't want to finish anything anymore..
maybe I can wait in bed 'til she comes home. and whispers....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shooting Star
Remember kids: It's only real metal if the vocalist sounds like he's vomiting up a fetus. \m/
PerFeCTioNThrUSileNCe is offline   Reply With Quote