Music Banter - View Single Post - Traditional Asian Parents
View Single Post
Old 11-11-2013, 09:08 AM   #3 (permalink)
Unknown Soldier
Horribly Creative

I'm guessing you're from the USA RI Clown, but anyway two points that should be clarified 1) Which country are you in 2) Asian covers a huge range of people of many countries and cultures, so it might not be ideal to lump them altogether.

Speaking of the largest Asian group in the UK which are Indians, there is a tendency for a lot of Indians to act this way with their children. This by and large from my experience of having Indian friends, is that their parents had it hard as immigrants and in many ways harder than a lot of other immigrants did. It was therefore drummed into them that a good education which the British system provided back then was the key to their future success, as was showing business acumen as well. A few generations later, this demand for excellence by Indian parents for their children seems as strong as ever. Also the Indian population (extraction) here usually studies engineering, mathematics, sciences and business, subjects which are likely to earn them money.
If you can't deal with the fact that there are 6+ billion people in the world and none of them think exactly the same that's not my problem. Just deal with it yourself or make actual conversation. This isn't a court and I'm not some poet or prophet that needs everything I say to be analytically critiqued.
Metal Wars

Power Metal

Pounding Decibels- A Hard and Heavy History
Unknown Soldier is offline   Reply With Quote