Music Banter - View Single Post - Do you waste or conserve (anything, not just food)?
View Single Post
Old 11-12-2013, 11:37 AM   #1 (permalink)
Trollheart
Born to be mild

Default Do you waste or conserve (anything, not just food)?

Are you one of those people who has to scrape the last out of the butter box, drain the milk or use the last burger in the freezer even though it's been there for over a month (but still in date)? Do you hate to throw out something that's not fully empty or used? Will you use up food in the freezer even if it's not really what you want today, just so it doesn't go to waste? And whatever about food, are you the type who wears clothes till they fall off you, or puts out dustbins half-full, throws on a half-load of washign or will you wait till you have enough for a full one? Do you believe in the value of things, or do you feel hell it's been there long enough and I'm tired of it now I'll throw it out? Do you buy clothes you never wear? DVDs you never watch? Games you never play or albums you never listen to?

Since my ma died and I basically had to run the house I've come to a greater appreciation of the value of money. Now I hate waste. If I'm going to buy something I usually consider will I use it? I'velooked at things I'd like to try for dinner but if they can't be frozen and I'm not sure I usually won't buy them. I scrape the last out of the butter even if there's another full one in the fridge, and use up the last of a carton of milk before opening another. I've been threatening to buy a console (PS3/XBox) for a few years but in my heart of hearts I know it would sit probably unopened in its box for god knows how long and I'd probably never use it, so I don't bother. In the same way I don't buy PC games, as I know they'd just be a waste of money, I'd never use them.

So what about you guys? How do you generally feel about waste?