Music Banter - View Single Post - The Poseur Cave
Thread: The Poseur Cave
View Single Post
Old 11-12-2013, 02:01 PM   #12 (permalink)
The Batlord
Zum Henker Defätist!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Briks View Post
Track 2
I'm not saying Paranoid is a bad song, but I do think it's a bad follow-up to War Pigs. It's pretty dull in comparison. Master of Reality wins this one just by keeping on track.

Track 3
Planet Caravan, and now we can't even see the track (you know, the one they went off) anymore. This would fit on a Pink Floyd album or something. Embryo is not much better, but I view it as an introduction of sorts to the next track, they're even merged together on the Live at Last album. Anyway, it's a tie, since none of the tracks fit in particularly well.
That's my big problem with Paranoid. It's a great album, but the song flow on the A-Side is terrible. Why would you follow such a heavy track on such a monumentally heavy album with a great, but still normal, not-at-all heavy rocker, and then further the not-at-all heaviness with "Planet Caravan"? They should have followed "War Pigs" with "Iron Man" to give you a one-two knock-out punch of monumental heaviness. Then put on "Paranoid" to change things up, and stick "Planet Caravan" near the end of the B-Side.
There is only one bright spot and that is the growing habit of disgruntled men of dynamiting factories and power-stations; I hope that, encouraged now as ‘patriotism’, may remain a habit! But it won’t do any good, if it is not universal.
The Batlord is offline   Reply With Quote