Music Banter - View Single Post - The Official Computer Tech Support Thread
View Single Post
Old 11-13-2013, 08:23 AM   #1402 (permalink)
Trollheart
Born to be mild

Anyone any ideas? My browser has suddenly started "sliding", that is to say, if I have a list of websites in tabs and try to go back to the first one, it "snaps" back and won't let me get to them. If the scrollbar at the bottom is over to the right and I try to move it to the left it again snaps back. Weird, and very annoying. Seems only to happen with Firefox.

I've shut down the computer completely and rebooted. I've updated Firefox and yet the same thing happens. I'm now using the hated IE to browse but I like FF and can't understand why it's behaving like this. I didn't do anything different, download anything or go onto any dodgy websites. I haven't run a virus check, as I doubt this would be the result of a virus or even spyware; seems more like a bug in the browser.

Any advice appreciated guys. I was sure rebooting would sort it but no luck.
Thanks
TH

Edit: Crap! It's also happening with IE! If I enlarge the screen at all, like with ctrl plus to zoom it in, then the scroll bar at the bottom goes over to the right and won't come back to the right; ; it keeps bouncing back. God damn it.