Music Banter - View Single Post - The Smiths ‘The Queen Is Dead’ Named Greatest Album by NME
View Single Post
Old 11-13-2013, 12:38 PM   #26 (permalink)
Screen13
Music Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Good Guy View Post
No love for Hatful of Hollow? Ok then..
Despite the mega love by many for Louder Than Bombs, all seriously justly deserved for being a double serving of Smiths greatness, I will have to say that it's all about the time and place for me so I will give a huge shout out to Hatful of Hallow. For me, that was the collection I got before Louder Than Bombs got the attention and the Smiths album I will value forever more than the others. Getting it on a School Trip as an import just shortly after it's release along with Japan's Gentlemen Take Polaroids, it seriously paved another way for my music listening. Despite the debut being great, Hatful was more intimate sounding through the radio session tracks and it's choice of singles sides, although I did not know where they came from at the time, were of a top caliber.

(There's a bit of a high horse ride for me being the first in my small dot, US community that caught "How Soon Is Now" before the local New Wave fan caught it...OK ride's finished, back to the reality.)

Last edited by Screen13; 11-13-2013 at 05:50 PM.
Screen13 is offline   Reply With Quote