Music Banter - View Single Post - What TV shows are people watching?
View Single Post
Old 11-14-2013, 02:03 PM   #2244 (permalink)
The Batlord
Zum Henker Defätist!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mojo View Post
I've now watched the seven episodes five times. In my opinion it shows a whole other side to Gervais and his work. Alot of the initial criticism, it would seem, could easily have just as much to do with the fact that Derek is played by Ricky Gervais, and influenced by the way some perceive Ricky himself to be. A ruthless, arrogant, offensive "comedian". I find it quite ironic that those who feel that way judged this show immediately, before they had even probably ever seen it and this show is actually the one thing he has ever done that may just change their minds. If it has a second series as good as the first, then this show will actually be my favourite thing he has ever done. And I loved The Office.
Really? I always just saw him as a big kid who has all the fun in the world just being himself. Seems like he'd be a genuinely nice guy in real life.
There is only one bright spot and that is the growing habit of disgruntled men of dynamiting factories and power-stations; I hope that, encouraged now as ‘patriotism’, may remain a habit! But it won’t do any good, if it is not universal.
The Batlord is offline   Reply With Quote