Music Banter - View Single Post - What Kind Of Person Regularly Posts/Lurks on Message Boards?
View Single Post
Old 11-14-2013, 07:33 PM   #22 (permalink)
Lord Larehip
Account Disabled

You can't really have the discussions about music in person that you have here. They'd turn into fights or they'd stay on superficial levels. Here, you can get as deep into it as you want. Plus you're talking with people from different states and countries that you would otherwise never meet. If I want to make a point, I can do a search and find an article or something that supports my point and I can post it. Can't really do that IRL. Plus when you're discussing a band or a genre or something, you can go to Youtube or something and find clips to post. It's a whole new way of communicating.

If people who come online to discuss subjects are lonely or bored--so what? If you meet someone who is never alone and always out with friends and always too busy to post online, they are probably just trying to fill an intellectual void, afraid of being alone because they have no idea what to do with themselves.
Lord Larehip is offline   Reply With Quote