Music Banter - View Single Post - The Wow I Can't Believe That News Story Thread
View Single Post
Old 11-14-2013, 08:07 PM   #1055 (permalink)
Freebase Dali
Partying on the inside

Quote:
Originally Posted by djchameleon View Post
You are asking me because I'm black but I'm not from THAT community as you stated earlier and I don't vote for candidates just because they are black. I'm a more informed voter.

I answered that question that you quoted numerous times. You want to see where?

You have an even shorter memory Sir.

Honestly all you have to do is think about it. Two people are running and one wins. Why did he win?
So you're refusing to answer the question because you're not from THAT community, but you're content to speak for THAT community with the statement that they picked the guy based on his campaign, while ignoring the elephant in the room that is the entire controversy of a white guy winning because he made the voters think he was black...

If your only statement is that whoever has better ideas win, I'm really not sure why you first replied with:

"Not necessarily, the whole all it takes to win an election in a black majority is to be black or not white.
In this case specifically, the guy that he was running against was black. So it was "two" black people running for the same position not just a "oh he's black let's vote for him
"

If you don't see how you're making the statement that color matters, to the degree that both candidates are not black, then I don't know what to tell you...

You do realize that when you say what you have said, you're laying the groundwork for a voter base only making policy votes when the two candidates are black, don't you? You do realize that's a statement in itself, don't you? Which is why I keep asking you why you think the skin color matters. I know why it matters. I'm trying to get you to arrive at that same conclusion, which you seem unwilling to do, as though the reality of it just completely escapes you.

I'm having a hard time understanding why you're seemingly incapable of understanding this. On the other hand, I'm struggling with the possibility that you're simply unwilling to face the question that's actually being asked here.

If that voter base had not been misled by the photos of black people, would they still have voted for the white candidate based on his marketed policies?

It's a simple yes or no.
And you are simply avoiding answering it.