Music Banter - View Single Post - The Wow I Can't Believe That News Story Thread
View Single Post
Old 11-15-2013, 12:32 AM   #1058 (permalink)
djchameleon
A.B.N.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freebase Dali View Post

Regarding the hypothetical situation where, in that town, there would be two white candidates, I can pretty much guarantee that whichever was a Democrat would be the in vote. And don't even DREAM of refuting that one.
You can guarantee it huh? I don't even know why you think that makes the slightest sense that in the specific community where they ended up voting based on ads rather than if the person was a republican or Democrat that they would all of sudden wisen up and say. Oh let's vote for the Democrat. Hell no they wouldn't They would vote for whoever has the best ad campaign.

Quote:
In that regard, though, we're both missing the ultimate point here. People vote for their own interests. I'll go out on a limb and make a broad assumption that black folks will probably vote for black candidates because they're the most likely to understand their situation and be sympathetic to it. People vote on their own self interests. Same on the other side of the fence. We can both acknowledge this.
Why don't black Republicans get more votes then? This whole statement and train of thought that black people will just end up voting for whoever is black doesn't make sense to me. If a white democrat runs up against a black republican. The black republican isn't going to win. Unless that black republican was running in the Houston area and had a better ad campaign but I'm talking about anywhere else.

Quote:
My only gripe is that, as this case shows, they're not even doing that much for themselves. That community would obviously be far better represented if they would have taken the time to learn about the candidate, versus checking the "black" box and just voting on which commercials made them feel better.

That's my own opinion, though. Doesn't have anything to do with yours, and I don't claim it to.
There were two "black" boxes to choose from. They weren't just voting for a black candidate. As I said in an early post I do agree that voters should educate themselves regardless of the race of a candidate though instead of voting based on commercials/attack ads. I didn't even think attack ads were effective but I'm completely wrong I guess. I thought people just made fun of those ads and end up fact checking to see if what was being said is true but I guess that only applies to myself and other educated voters.
Fame, fortune, power, titties. People say these are the most crucial things in life, but you can have a pocket full o' gold and it doesn't mean sh*t if you don't have someone to share that gold with. Seems simple. Yet it's an important lesson to learn. Even lone wolves run in packs sometimes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoxyRollah View Post
IMO I don't know jack-**** though so don't listen to me.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Franco Pepe Kalle View Post
The problem is that most police officers in America are psychopaths.
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Batlord View Post
You're a terrible dictionary.
djchameleon is offline   Reply With Quote