Music Banter - View Single Post - What's The Latest Film You Have Seen?
View Single Post
Old 11-15-2013, 06:25 PM   #13627 (permalink)
Exo
All day jazz and biscuits

This is it. This s the year. I’ve been calling it for a while now. My theory that Matthew McConaughey is a fantastic actor is finally coming to fruition. The man is here. This is going to be the year that we’re going to see Matthew McConaughey’s name on a Best Actor nominee list and he earned it. I wouldn’t say He was particularly better than Tom Hanks or Chiwetel Ejiofor but he belongs with them. I just had to say that about my man MM. The other performance of note was Jared Leto. We’ll also be seeing his name on the ballot sheets. In a way this was just as much his coming out party as it was McConaugheys. Both of them shed pounds and just went head on into their roles and it really made for an enjoyable film. The film itself is definitely among the best of this year.

What I liked…

Besides the fantastic acting, this was an enjoyable film. It was raw and real when it had to be and lax to let the story develop when called for. It’s a film ultimately about the value of life and what some people or organizations will do for those values. It did’t get too preachy which to be honest is where I thought it was heading but considering it is based off a true story I couldn’t really have faulted it much anyway. It’s a real film about real people.

What I didn’t like…

Not much really. There were a few dead spots as the whole smuggling drugs from other countries got a little too “Ocean’s 11″ for my taste but it was really just a small part.

Overall the film is one of the best I’ve seen this year and a defining moment in the careers of McConaughey and Leto. They earned their praise and then some.

4/5

SUPREME POO BAH MODERATOR EXTRAORDINAIRE
Exo is offline   Reply With Quote