Music Banter - View Single Post - Talk about your instrument/gear!!!
View Single Post
Old 11-16-2013, 02:06 PM   #372 (permalink)
Burning Down
The Music Guru.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul Smeenus View Post
I paid about $1200 for my electric bass rig and $200 for my acoustic. It'd just effin' suck to not be able to afford to buy the instrument I play. Sure I could spend that much on high end stuff but what I have is perfectly serviceable and sounds fine. Yay affordable gear
Guitarists are lucky that their instruments don't generally cost a whole lot of money. I've never heard of someone financing a guitar, unless it is specifically custom made (and usually when you're ordering custom made you have the cash to pay for it upfront). Cheap guitars and amps can actually sound very good. Cheap orchestral instruments sound like absolute shit, especially the cheap $1000 or less flutes, as they are made of brass and very heavy (brass is really only suitable for saxes and brass instruments - d'oh).

I considered leasing the alto flute that I bought, it's much like leasing a car. But I thought, wow I could just wait and put that money into my savings account every month so I could just buy my own. Leasing just means it's not yours, it's a long term rental. I'd rather have my own.
Burning Down is offline   Reply With Quote