Music Banter - View Single Post - Roy Harper Charged With Sexual Assault of a Child
View Single Post
Old 11-17-2013, 04:10 AM   #6 (permalink)
Mr. Charlie
Shoo Thoughts

I'm not sure it's fair that the media/authorities name people who have only been charged and yet to be found guilty in a court of law as, guilty or innocent, it stains their name and reputation for life. If they're found guilty, then that's different, they brought it on themselves.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhateverDude View Post
On a more serious note, this is terrible news but pedophilia is a mental illness and it's kind of not fair to judge people for it despite how awful their actions are. Really, what needs to happen is more investment in researching the problem because it seems like it's becoming more common. I wouldn't be surprised if it had something to do with the Western world's obsession with youth but then again sexual abuse overall is a lot more common in undeveloped countries than it is here, especially in India, South America, and certain parts of greater Eurasia.
It is a mental illness, you're right, and needs to be treated as such. But I believe it's roots are in the desire for having complete power over someone rather than an obsession with the notion of youth.
Mr. Charlie is offline   Reply With Quote