Music Banter - View Single Post - NHL Thread
Thread: NHL Thread
View Single Post
Old 11-17-2013, 11:34 AM   #1515 (permalink)
Paul Smeenus
David Hasselhoff

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thom Yorke View Post
I've been watching a lot of Generals games lately. The team is stacked this year, and it's nice watching a top prospect in his draft year (Dal Colle).

What's the cost of going to the Oshawa games, Thom? What's the venue like? How's the food? I swear going through the concourse at Comcast Arena in Everett is torture, in particular there's a booth that does wok stir-fry that smells so damn good, I've had some and it's excellent but I have to watch my pennies so I try to avoid buying the food. They don't make it easy, I'll tell you that.

What's so exciting here in Everett is that the Silvertips hae been awful for the past few years and this year they've totally turned it around. They whipped tarnation out of the powerhouse Portland Winterhawks for 2 periods, then managed to hang on against the reigning WHL champs and win 3-2 and claim a share of first place. Then last night they were beaten 3-1 by the second worst team in the league (Prince George). They outshot the Cougars 35-17 but their goalie was just outstanding, not much you can do about that (although I will say the Tips passing on their power play chances was pretty sloppy). Portland whipped the worst WHL team (Kamloops) like a rented goalie 7-3, so they're back alone in 1st place. Lot of season left, of course...

I love the CHL, best value in sports IMO.
Gentle Giant Catalog Review

The entire Ditty Bops catalog reviewed
Paul Smeenus is offline   Reply With Quote