Music Banter - View Single Post - Past Intoductions
View Single Post
Old 11-17-2013, 01:46 PM   #3 (permalink)
Exo
All day jazz and biscuits

Fetcher

Quote:
heyy, my names kayleigh, im from glasgow in scotland . basically here for the same reasons as everyone else i love music , any questions or that, just ask . im seventeen and love going to the dancing
i mostly listen to the uk hardcore scene, and no im not a ned!
i also love bands like the killers, oasis, coldplay etc!
trance, hardcore, hardstyle and gabber are my favourite though!
like tiesto, brisk, marc smith, scott brown, justice, kutski, mauro picotto. all them!
i repeat i most definetly am not a ned!
Sansa Stark

Quote:
I'm Paloma
I really hate making a big pretentious list of bands I like, so feel free to ask.
duge

Quote:
Hi all...I'm bored so I decided to post an introduction thread for myself.

General stuff...I'm 23 and a research biologist who lives in Indiana. I have my theories on why this place is such a cold and desolate wasteland, but...most people might find them crazy. Point is don't come here. Unless it is a stop off to get to Chicago...then it's ok.

I lived a lot of my life in Asia and as a result I love to travel. Road trips are essential to my sanity. Traveling is second only to my love of music. When I say I listen to EVERYTHING I really do...name a style or genre and I have something for it. I am on a constant search for new music.

top 5 bands (always changing...except for the Pumpkins):
Smashing Pumpkins, Mew, Of Montreal, Boards of Canada, and the Jesus and Mary Chain

Really good stuff I'm listening to now:
Japandroids - Post-Nothing
Phoenix - Wolfgang Amadeus Phoenix
The Pains of Being Pure at Heart - st
Girls - Album
Gliss - Devotion Implosion
Exoskeletal Hey, I found mine

Quote:
...this is where we introduce ourselves. Thank you stumbleupon.com for you are the reason I'm here.

Briefly...

I'm a musician/writer. I suck at writing, and my work sucks. This is how you know I am a writer. I'm serious though. Don't read my posts.

Some music that intrigues me...

The Mars Volta/Red Sparowes/Opeth/Portugal The Man/Igor Stravinski/Bonobo/Miles Davis/Medeski Martin & Wood/Lightning Bolt/Pink Floyd/The Flaming Lips/Broken Social Scene/Grizzly Bear/Boards of Canada/Aphex Twin

Looking forward to spreading the wealth.
bob.

Quote:
my name is bob....obviously i love music....i think i pretty much can enjoy something from every genre but i tend to stick to experimental and noisy rock....
http://www.musicbanter.com/introduct...ce-myself.html

Pedestrian

Quote:
It's been a few days and I've had a good poke around, so I suppose I oughtta make a proper thread. I'm 21, Canadian, and my lastFM will probably say more about me than I will here. I came from another forum where I thought I knew people who listened to a lot of music, but after spending a few days around here, I see that I have stumbled upon what may be the very best resource for music I could have. I see knowledgeable and open minded people who can offer me a wealth of information to expand my horizons, and I am excited to try and be a part of that.
The Phantasio

Quote:
...and don't let my fandom of Trey Anastasio and Phish be off-putting in the slightest; I'm actually quite fond of bathing.

I listen to all sorts of music, and find it enriching and entertaining to converse with everyone I meet about their particular musical tastes - a lot of times I'm familiar with the bands they discuss, but when I'm not, I've got new music to check out!

When I'm not listening to music, I'm generally acting, directing, and / or writing plays. I'm also a fan of playing music - I'm decent at drums, learning guitar, learning piano / keyboard, and interested in theremin to a borderline unhealthy degree. My strongest instrument, however, is French Horn. Unfortunately, there's not much demand for it in popular music, and there's not much of a classical music following in my area.

I'm also a fan of purchasing shoes, camping, and taking random walks at 2 in the morning.
Lisnaholic

Quote:
Hi!
My name`s Gerry and I`m new to internet forums, but I think I`ve dropped in lucky here as MB seems to be a very open, friendly place.
I`m a Londoner who grew up in the `60s with Beatlemania although now I`m a refugee from the British economy,working as a teacher in Mexico.

Musical tastes: These days I mainly listen to world/jam/jazz/Americana, so for me that means people like the Allmans, Railroad Earth, Soft Machine, Bill Frisell, Zap Mama, Souad Massi, La Bottine Souriante.

Musical credentials: A lot of guys here are real contributors to the world of music. All I`ve done is shake hands with Dr. John, sit in the same pub as Clapton and stand in a coffee queue behind Peter Green. Does that count?

Well, I look forward to chatting to you all about music, so I`ll see you on the threads, I guess !
Mrd00d

http://www.musicbanter.com/introduct...ng-settle.html

Howard The Duck =(

Quote:
I'm PatriKc Lim from Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia.

Listening to KISS at the mo'.
Blarobbarg

Quote:
Howdy y'all. Mah name's Blarobbarg.

If you can't tell from my wonderfully quaint slang, I am from Kentucky. I am a big fan of classic rock, jazz, punk, and metal. And everything in between. I'm also stepping into the waters of underground hip hop, "steampunk" music, and the local Louisville hardcore scene. Betcha didn't know that Louisville is brimming with mosh pits, did ya?

Anyway, I'm also the drummer of a fledgeling poppy/possibly countryish/possibly folky jazz rock band. Yeah. I'm just calling it that for now. I really have no clue what it is.

So. I talk about music constantly in real life, and people get bored with it. So I've come here, to a place that I hope can accept my eccentric behavior.
Ki

http://www.musicbanter.com/introduct...hey-there.html

Mondo Bungle

Quote:
Obviously...
I'm into alot of music. Metal(almost all variants), rock(classic/prog/noise), punk(hardcore, anarcho, noise, prog), country(classic, alt, neo, outlaw), ska(mainly ska punk). If anyone wants to know my favorite bands/artists, just ask.
I live in Reno.
Yorkedaddy

Quote:
I like music.
Mankycaaant

Quote:
Hello there.
I joined this forum in April, but have only recently began posting.

My name is Chris. I'm a chilled guy who likes to have a good time and listen to some music.

I come here, hoping to share my favourite music with others, and to hopefully get some recommendations from other users.

God Bless.
I didn't expect so many mods to pop up.

Goofle11

Quote:
Hi, I have around 100 posts already but may as well introduce myself.

My name is Tom Clancy, I play FIFA more than is healthy, I have no job and I think decimal points are underused in the rating of things.
Franco Pepe Kalle

http://www.musicbanter.com/introduct...anya-star.html

Cenotaph

Quote:
Hello, I thought I would do an introduction, seeing as I have never done one on a site... ever.

My real name is Jack Patrick, and I live in south Alabama. I love every genre of music (except most modern pop and modern country). I specifically enjoy experimental music and music from the 60's and 70's (although I love music from every decade).

A few of my favorite musical artists include: Jimi Hendrix, the Velvet Underground, Can, Stars of the Lid, Throbbing Gristle, John Coltrane, Xiu Xiu, A Whisper in the Noise, Television, Henry Cow, DNA, Soft Machine, Bert Jansch, Kaoru Abe, and Morton Subotnick.

And recently... the Lounge Lizards.

I hope I get to
Rjinn

Quote:
Yeh hey, seems like a pretty good forum, especially with tapatalk. 23, female, live in Sydney and most preferred genres are alt rock and metal, prog, but can give anything a listen (except for dance and pop). Not really one who limits themselves to genres.

Really would like to become expansive with further discovery of new bands. Hope here would help.

Nice to make your acquaintance.
Engine

Quote:
Hi, I'm looking for a higher calibur of internet discussion on music and this site looks like it fits that description.

I like many styles of music: Rock, Jazz, Hip-hop, Reggae, Punk, Metal, Electronic, Blues, Classical -- including many of the subgenres of all of those.
I can usually find something that I like in any genre of music but I also usually only like a handful of favorites from each one.

I am 34 years old and have been actively appreciating/collecting/loving music since the mid-80s. Looking forward to the banter...
Janszoon

Quote:
I don't think I've ever done one of these so here goes:

Hi, my name is Janszoon. I joined this forum, like a lot of *******s, to promote my own music. This was five years ago, only a couple weeks before I got married. I never actually got around to promoting my music, and it took me over a year to become a regular poster, but the reason I ended up sticking around was this place had the most friendly, laid-back community of any forum I had been to and clearly had the best level of music discussion on the internet.

What kinds of music do I listen to? Lately I've been going through a big hip hop phase but I like a lot of different stuff. The sounds that mostly come out of my headphones these days are: jazz (mostly bebop, free jazz, noisy experimental jazz and dixieland), 60s and 70s pop (the more elaborate the production the better), metal (experimental, grindcore, death metal and various branches of the drone/doom/stoner/sludge family tree), quirky electronica, assorted other noisy music, some indie rock, some classical, some third stream, and the aforementioned hip hop (mostly 90s and early 00s stuff, with some modern oddball acts thrown in for good measure).

What do I dislike? Folk that takes itself too seriously, R&B with a lot of vocal flashiness, indie that tries too hard to be precious, and hip hop that sounds like each tone is sealed in its own tupperware container.
Circe

Quote:
I won't bore you all with the usual new member stuff that you've probably heard a thousand times before, but it's great to be here yada yada yada. I'm 17, from the UK and my serious interest in music was first sparked when I started secondary school. It hasn't really decreased a lot since. I started as a big fan of Alternative/Indie music although that's such a wide range of artists that it probably doesn't help much... Anyway, I don't really have "favourite" bands as such but I've been through obsession periods with Gorillaz, Daft Punk, Radiohead, Godspeed You! Black Emperor and Outkast in the past. Right now I mainly listen to a mixture of rock, rap and electronic music although I tend to be very snobby with all three and only listen to a limited number of artists from each. Besides that I also play the guitar (not very well mind) and have a fairly basic understanding of music theory, although I doubt I could hold a discussion in it. I'm a big fan of gaming and films (and I apply said snobbery to both of them) and generally being a massive nerd is one of my greatest skills.

Oh, and as an early warning, I can be a real jerk at times and I'll likely come off as it at some point, but please try not to take too much offense to it or resent me for it. If I'm annoying you ask me and I'll (probably) stop. Great, now that's out of the way I'll try and find my niche. Hope to get to know you all soon!
To Be Continued...

SUPREME POO BAH MODERATOR EXTRAORDINAIRE
Exo is offline   Reply With Quote