Music Banter - View Single Post - The Bitch Box
Thread: The Bitch Box
View Single Post
Old 11-17-2013, 11:35 PM   #13286 (permalink)
Scarlett O'Hara
Make it so

Quote:
Originally Posted by ladyislingering View Post
I have an absolutely endless amount of patience. I also have some really great acting skills, so that gets me through the really awkward times. Working in a video store or a library sounds like such a drag - I'm sure loads of people try to reverse the fines they accrue for their laziness/unwillingness to return their borrowed items on time.

I can't believe your poss pissed on you for being nice to your customers. Ridiculous.

Spoiler for bitchy boss story:
When I first got to the Seattle area I was working in a department store and I was helping my boss with a new display. I was having a really bad day with my hands (I have carpal tunnel - I can't get through a day without ibuprofen, otherwise I don't have full strength or mobility of my hands) and so I had to take it slow. She seemed to understand and I was grateful for her compassion.

Weeks later, she was going off on me because I wasn't using the proper terms (I guess there's a difference between a jacket, a coat, a pullover, and some other stupid posh bull**** terms that customers really don't care about, but she was upset with me because she's crazy) for the expensive crap I had to sell, and then she started making fun of me for having bad hands. She grabbed a hanger and fumbled with it, eventually dropping it. I was so offended by her behavior that I actually quit my job that day (and reported her to corporate - no response). So fucking rude. I nearly cried. As if I could help that my hands are cripply and weird. (She literally told me that she "needed someone who could do the job", completely dismissing all the other things I did on a daily basis.)
I'm pretty patient too but its because I know i can bitch about it later with my friends. It was awkward when I had to tell a customer they had to pay half their fines off to rent more dvds. But at the libraries (I worked at the University Science, Law, Central and Education libraries) it was actually really fun. Students were really pleasent and I really enjoyed helping them find books. I got to do my school work, research, read books and surf the net while being paid.

Keep posting those stories bb!