Music Banter - View Single Post - So do people talk about music on this forum too or what?
View Single Post
Old 11-18-2013, 05:16 AM   #17 (permalink)
Trollheart
Born to be mild

Quote:
Originally Posted by djchameleon View Post
The point I am making is instead of just being discouraged by the lack of activity then not posting. Create new threads and start posting in them regardless of the activity level.
I absolutely agree with this one hundred percent. If people don't post in your thread don't get discouraged: keep at it. Eventually someone will notice and it will get some traffic. I run occasional "Story of..." threads, with Steve Earle and Marillion in production, and others like Supertramp and ELO due later. Few if any people post in them but a few people have said they'll be watching them. Now admittedly these are the "usual suspects" for me, ie people who are into the music I am, but I keep posting in the thread (when I can) because I love doing it, not necessarily to get a huge response. In fact, when I get back to them I'm probably going to have t go looking for them, bump them as it's been a while. But I will.

Same thing with the journals. If we only posted based on whether or not people commented, none of us would write anything. It's about writing about what you like, what interests you and what you enjoy, not how many people comment on your posts. If you like a band, genre, anything, open a thread (assuming one does not exist already) and give it a go. Don't expect a bunch of replies in the first days, but keep it going and refer to it in your other conversations, even drop it into your sig like we do with our journals. Maybe an "Obscure bands" thread?

But like they say, be the change. Do it and see what happens. What have you to lose?