Music Banter - View Single Post - Hi, folks!
Thread: Hi, folks!
View Single Post
Old 11-18-2013, 08:53 AM   #7 (permalink)
dreadman
Groupie

Thanks, Plankton.

Quote:
Originally Posted by p-bo View Post
I heard "Runaround Sue" a few weeks back for the first time in years. It blew me away as I've never heard it quite like that time. Also, I'm curious about your seasonal music tastes. I have very strict rules for my own music consumption based of seasons, weather, time of day, etc... For me, Autumn is Wilco, Ray Lamontagne, Teitur, Jeff Buckley, Nick Drake, and a handful of others. Some of my albums are seasonal as well. Funny stuff. Welcome to the forums. We have a hockey thread too, my Swedish friend.
Yup, D and the Belmonts sure knew what they were doing. As for seasonal tastes, I'd have to say that it connects to a lot of things besides the seasons, though I rarely stray far from that certain mood you'd get from any season. A cold, snowy Winter day, for example, I'd probably listen to something like the Decemberists' "Crane Wife" or "Shankhill Butchers" and slide over to something more electronic as it gets darker. Long notes reminding you of space and the silencing blanket that is snow would be a key component in any dark Winter night of mine. Fall, as is the case at the moment, I tend to fill with classical music. I'm listening to Erik Satie's "Gymnopédie" at the moment, which is a bit typical, I suppose. I also listen to a lot of Jazz for these two seasons. I suppose I haven't really looked at and attempted to expressed my whole year in terms of musical preferences before, but it's becoming more evident that music gradually slows down for me over Fall and Winter and vice versa as it gets warmer.

I only recognized Nick Drake amongst the names you mentioned, but I will definately listen through the other ones. I'll get back to you on that, if you're interested. I'll take a look at that hockey thread too, and thanks for the welcome.