Music Banter - View Single Post - Just For The Lols
View Single Post
Old 11-18-2013, 03:24 PM   #38 (permalink)
The Batlord
Zum Henker Defätist!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by butthead aka 216 View Post
at one time i did get what you were sayin but ive changed my mind over time. its just the reality of life: it matters how you present yourself. and eccentric actions like crazy dyed hair or mohawks or face tats is a sign to someone that your tastes and mindset are different than theirs. its a sign ya make bad choices. and in most jobs its about profit and if they think your looks or whatever is gonna affect that then i dont see how anyone would think its not reasonable to not hire someone with face tats/dyed hair/gauges etc
Totally. They're looking for someone who fits the climate of the workplace. If they see that you're presenting the same image as them then you are, to some extent at least, a known quality. But some fifty-year old, grey-haired lawyer is gonna know **** all about where someone with a bunch of obvious body mods is coming from. You've also shown you are concerned enough with getting the job to play their corporate game, whereas someone with a face full of piercings is possibly more concerned with doing their own thing, which may very well conflict with what the company is looking for.
There is only one bright spot and that is the growing habit of disgruntled men of dynamiting factories and power-stations; I hope that, encouraged now as ‘patriotism’, may remain a habit! But it won’t do any good, if it is not universal.
The Batlord is offline   Reply With Quote