Music Banter - View Single Post - Just For The Lols
View Single Post
Old 11-18-2013, 03:33 PM   #39 (permalink)
butthead aka 216
Account Disabled

Location: freely swimmin thru the waters of glory much like a majestic bald eagle soars thru the skies

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Batlord View Post
Totally. They're looking for someone who fits the climate of the workplace. If they see that you're presenting the same image as them then you are, to some extent at least, a known quality. But some fifty-year old, grey-haired lawyer is gonna know **** all about where someone with a bunch of obvious body mods is coming from. You've also shown you are concerned enough with getting the job to play their corporate game, whereas someone with a face full of piercings is possibly more concerned with doing their own thing, which may very well conflict with what the company is looking for.
good point i didnt really think of

a lot of times whoever wants the job more is gonna get the job. one of the first rules of job searchin is persistence. i called the place that eventually hired me 4-5 times ovre a few weeks to let them know i was interested and wanted to be there so when a final decision was made my name was already in their minds

if ya show up for a job with a bunch piercings and purple hair..... you arent gonna play the corporate game and listen to superiors when ya cant even manage to look presentable on your interview. youre more selfish and concerned with bein unique than helpin the company.

little story here. on the first floor of the place i live there are 2 fat lesbian lovers who live there. im pretty cool with one of them but she has a ton of piercings and constantly dyin her hair. so one day im runnin errands and see her workin on her car cause its broke down and offer to take her to the auto store for some parts. so on the drive shes complainin to me about not bein able to find a job and stuff and how she hates workin at little caesars pizza place. a week earlier she dyed her hair purple and pink lol. someone needs to slap some sense into those ppl
butthead aka 216 is offline   Reply With Quote