Music Banter - View Single Post - I'm Here Today, Expect It To Stay On - Ki's Journal of Music
View Single Post
Old 11-18-2013, 07:51 PM   #112 (permalink)
Key

Let's start things off on the right foot, shall we? And what better way to do that with an album that I instantly 100% fell in love with the first time I heard it. As the image says above, we are definitely talking about The Sword's Gods of the Earth. You may be wondering why I chose this one out of all the other possible albums I could have chosen to start this off. Simple, because I wanted to. I was craving this album all day, and I am finally giving it a spin for what feels like the 1000th time since I first heard it, but rightfully so. It's perfect in every way. When I first heard it, it was when I was just starting to get into The Sword, so I instantly found some enjoyment out of it, not to mention the fact that I have seen them perform plenty of the songs off this album live, and what an experience that was! The vocals are what really keep me wanting to listen, though it's always good to mention the fantastic guitar work throughout the entire thing. This is one doom/stoner album that is well worth a listen or two, especially if you're really feeling like you want to give the genre a chance.

As I said when I introduced this concept, the album will be 100% positive rating, and this one definitely fits that bill, in which case I will not be posting youtube videos to songs to showcase favorite songs, because i'd have to post the whole album. If I were to choose one though, it'd probably be Fire Lances of the Ancient Hyperzephyrians.

I know they've only released 4 albums to date (i think), so maybe saying this is my favorite album of theirs isn't entirely fair, but it is. It's my favorite album of theirs, and it's also one of my favorites in it's entire genre.
Key is offline   Reply With Quote