Music Banter - View Single Post - Rap Accents
Thread: Rap Accents
View Single Post
Old 11-18-2013, 09:15 PM   #1 (permalink)
PBH
Groupie

Default Rap Accents

This goes for any accent in the world but I'm mainly directing it at England and America, which accent do you prefer when it comes to rapping, i know its obvious we're both most likely going to say our own, maybe because we're use to our own accents, but please give details on the accent you prefer and on the one you don't.
So my view on this is...i'm into both English and American just as much, as a kid i'd only heard American rap to begin with, and to be honest at first i thought i'd love to rap but how do you do it in an English accent, i didn't think it would sound right, but then i heard a few English mc's come into the mainstream, then i realised it can be done and sounds just as good, i know what we have in the charts here isn't hip hop it is grime, but what i mean is their vocals are similar to rap, I'm not a fan of most grime, most of what I've heard of it is $hit really, and if other countries here the words UK hip hop and think of grime that pisses me off, we have real hip hop underground, but if we don't have it on the TV and radio over here your not going to hear much of it elsewhere in the world.

I think rap sounds good in any accent as long as it's done properly, like you can get a $hit rapper from anywhere make their accent sound horrible, but get someone else who makes that accent sound brilliant.

My favourite accents are the American accent, (sorry i can't tell much of a difference between different American accents, most of them sound the same to me, good though)

And in England, Yorkshire and London accents i'd say sound best in rapping
PBH is offline   Reply With Quote