Music Banter - View Single Post - The Confessional Thread
View Single Post
Old 11-19-2013, 01:03 PM   #916 (permalink)
The Big Dog

Dazara, my man. Coming to University originally quite apprehensive after having spent some months working in a kitchen and keeping myself to myself hardly socially interacting had me nervous about interactions.
But when I realized that at some point, everyone you ever encounter was new to that particular field or aspect of life, it makes it easier.
Everyone has been the new guy once, everyone has had to start from scratch and try to fit in. When you do, your confidence will increase massively and interaction will become enjoyable rather than an ordeal.

I know this sounds easier than done, but get yourself out there. It'll be awkward at first, yes. But with time and adaption to your new environments and your role in them, you'll find yourself and your self confidence will follow. If it's one thing girls will pick up on its self confidence. This'll naturally come with time and experience of the situation, but get out there. You'll regret it later if you don't. I know you're still young, so there's still time to join a new club, make new friends and try new things.
Just keep open minded and safe in the knowledge that everyone's felt like you have at some point.
14232949 is offline   Reply With Quote