Music Banter - View Single Post - The many benefits of a child-free life
View Single Post
Old 11-19-2013, 09:42 PM   #7 (permalink)
ladyislingering
Maelian

Quote:
Originally Posted by butthead aka 216 View Post
sounds like youre tryin to justify the decision to yourself

Usually when people find out about this, they're aghast. They're so offended by a woman in charge of her body,

thats really the first think you think of?? lol so absurd.

anyway like i said somewhere else, the wrong ppl are havin kids. uneducated losers are havin the most children. then their children do the same. so theres no necessity in breeding. if there was a possible way itd be great to sterilize these ppl.

my theory is these ppl have kids more quickly and more often because they have little else in their life. kids also probably keep marriages more together. i plan to have a boy someday.
I don't need to justify my decision not to have children, any more than a woman needs to justify her choice to have them. I just get a lot of really bizarre reactions, and they're often hateful. Like, heaven forbid, a young woman knows what she wants to do with herself.

I agree with you on one note: too many idiots are having kids.

Not too sure on whether kids would strengthen a marriage (I recall a recent study showing that they just make things worse, but wouldn't know where to find the article) but I do know that they're the ones that suffer if a marriage is unfit, or if their parents are divorcing. There's a lot of trauma to be had by a child birthed by people who don't love each other.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sansa Stark View Post
Well bb not just women remember :P

I think it would, I really think I'll make a great mother and I'll pass on my sensibilities and ideas on to a little person who will hopefully grow up to be as kind, patient and compassionate as their mummy. If they're not just like me I won't be mad though, I'll at least know that I put something in this world that was raised to be accepting of others.
well, yeah, dudes have a place in it, but they don't have a uterus.

motherhood would fit you well, because you have the best interest of a child in mind. you're the difference between a parent and a breeder, and that's great. too many people are simple breeders, having kids only for the sake of doing what they think they should be doing with their lives, rather than being parents and actually raising children with love and good intentions.