Music Banter - View Single Post - I'm Here Today, Expect It To Stay On - Ki's Journal of Music
View Single Post
Old 11-20-2013, 11:23 AM   #114 (permalink)
Key

And continuing on the journal of 100 100% albums, Sgt Peppers Lonely Hearts Club Band comes next up, why? Because it's the only Beatles album that I actually like 100%. There is not a single track on this album that I don't like. The first three tracks are some of my favorite "introduction" tracks because they all fit together making it seem like it's one big long introduction, but it isn't, of course.

The thing I find to be one of the cooler aspects of this album is the fact that about 95% of the songs on the album don't even meet three minutes. I think that's rather impressive when I think about the fact that each song has it's own way of making me feel like this is one of the best albums I've ever heard, and it just makes it even better knowing they just did what they do best, and in a short amount of time no less.

As mentioned before, this is easily the only Beatles album that I 100% like, and i'm not saying I don't like their other albums, trust me, I own their entire discography, however I just don't find that they put as much thought into a lot of their other albums as they did this one, maybe i'm just being overly positive about this album that it shows the negatives for their others, but nonetheless, it's my favorite.

When I first heard the album, I don't think it was the first Beatles album I ever heard, I think it was one of the last few that I had heard before I could say i've heard all their album, but this one in particular had a lot of songs that I was already familiar with, and it just made the experience ten times better. Songs like When I'm Sixty Four, and Getting Better, were songs that I knew about, but had no idea the whereabouts of them album wise. Finding them on this one really made it more of a worthwhile and exciting experience to listen to this album. Thus leading into listening to it again and again. I could listen to this whole album right now, and again in ten years, and probably still give it a 100% satisfaction rating.
Key is offline   Reply With Quote