Music Banter - View Single Post - The Prog Rock Album Club
View Single Post
Old 11-20-2013, 01:32 PM   #538 (permalink)
Unknown Soldier
Horribly Creative

Have listened to the Fish album and here are my general thoughts. Firstly it should be noted, that I don't have the time that some people do on here to write a big review, as I can just about keep my own journal going at the moment, so the review will be very short and just contain my general thoughts on the album. Firstly I know the Fish era Marillion really well, despite never really ever being a fan of the band and their music, but Fish Marillion always held a sense of nostalgia for me as I remember how popular they were in the UK when I was growing up, in fact they were the only prog band at that time that was popular. As for Fish's solo career I'd only ever heard before his first solo album Vigil in a Wilderness of Mirrors and that came out in 1990 and hadn't heard anything from him since.

I had some trepidation before I listened to the album as I was expecting a middle of the road effort by a mature artist and there are certainly a number of slower tracks on the album that fit this bill. Some are tracks that I would bypass as being boring despite being accomplished but there are others like "The Great Unravelling" which are a strong listen. But what really surprised me was the quality of tracks like the title track "Feast of Consequences" where Fish doesn't actually sound like Fish on certain parts of the song and there's even a hint of Roger Daltrey in there! Then there is the pretty epic at times sounding "Thristle Alley" which I really liked.

Feast of Consequences is one of those albums that I guess really grows on the listener on repeated listens and overall the album is probably better than I was expecting and it's certainly accomplished. 7.5/10
If you can't deal with the fact that there are 6+ billion people in the world and none of them think exactly the same that's not my problem. Just deal with it yourself or make actual conversation. This isn't a court and I'm not some poet or prophet that needs everything I say to be analytically critiqued.
Metal Wars

Power Metal

Pounding Decibels- A Hard and Heavy History

Last edited by Unknown Soldier; 11-27-2013 at 01:33 PM.
Unknown Soldier is offline   Reply With Quote