Music Banter - View Single Post - The many benefits of a child-free life
View Single Post
Old 11-20-2013, 08:17 PM   #41 (permalink)
butthead aka 216
Account Disabled

Location: freely swimmin thru the waters of glory much like a majestic bald eagle soars thru the skies

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhateverDude View Post
There have been plenty of studies done on this and it's been proven that positive reinforcement (praising good behavior) is waaaaaaaaaaaaaaay more effective than physically punishing a child (there's a term for this in psychology but I don't remember it). Check your macho bull**** at the door and get learnt. All your teaching a child to do when you spank them is fear you, which can actually make things worse. Maybe not immediately but it almost never works out for the best.

As for me, I know for a fact I don't want kids anytime soon but I'm open to the idea of it in the future. My mom had me when she was my age (21) and it was always a struggle for her, especially since she was a single parent. I'll stick by my son or daughter if I ever have one with somebody but that somebody is gonna hafta be pretty awesome.
Wow man u got tough suddenly lol. I believe appropriate spanking works great. Also of course isn't a replacement for modelin or positive reinforcement
butthead aka 216 is offline   Reply With Quote