Music Banter - View Single Post - Got Feminism?
Thread: Got Feminism?
View Single Post
Old 11-20-2013, 09:10 PM   #356 (permalink)
GuD
Dude... What?

Quote:
Originally Posted by butthead aka 216 View Post
what do feminists think of things like alimony i wonder??

saw a few states includin mine have been tryin to reform alimony laws which is fantastic! basically less money for undeservin and lazy ex wives lmao thats how i see it anyways.

realistically feminists should be against alimony i would think. so i can also see them supportin it from that viewpoint lol.
If a woman has a child and can't make it work with the father then yeah, she's gonna have to work but if you knock someone up you owe it to her to take care of the kid if you can. Contraceptives exist for a reason and if you don't wanna take the risk ****in use um. It's like you think all women are these predatory leeches that just want to take everything they can from men and feminists are their spooky dictatorial leaders.

Quote:
is there a feminist rulebook or somethin that details everythin a 'real' feminist is supposed to support/hate/be offended by??
Feminism isn't about being hateful and offended about everything. I don't see a reason to over-intellectualize something pretty straightforward: treat people with respect and be empathetic and supportive towards causes that are necessary. This applies not only to women but everyone.

Quote:
but then again they usually arent realistic ppl and are quite selfish imo.

Dude I tried man. I brought a megaphone and tried being opprressed as fukc but it wasn't enough. When I didn't join in during the "kill the patriarchy" chants they got suspicious and after they found out I didn't have a tumblr my cover was blown
A lot of people have these pre-concieved ideas of what feminism (and other movements) mean and learn to associate every feminist with these stereotypes or bad examples they've experienced in their own lives. I'm just gonna call you out on it and say you are one of those people.
And still people want me dead
~msc

Last edited by GuD; 11-20-2013 at 09:19 PM.
GuD is offline   Reply With Quote