Music Banter - View Single Post - The many benefits of a child-free life
View Single Post
Old 11-21-2013, 12:52 PM   #76 (permalink)
ladyislingering
Maelian

Quote:
Originally Posted by djchameleon View Post
Backs up your point of what exactly? I'm saying there is hatred on both sides that is why it is equal.
There are some child-free people that are seriously vicious toward people who have children, but there are more people with children who are rude and evil towards those who don't want them.

Here's how pronatalists sound to the child-free (and believe me, we have heard it all, and it's always annoying and unwanted).

Instead of saying things like "holy shit, shut the hell up, you're getting dumber by the second", we just have to be firm and stand strong against ignorance (which is bountiful).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ki View Post
Plankton has a daughter, so he tells those that don't want kids that they're wasting their life and should have a child.

There are far more people who are negative against those who don't want kids, especially if they've had kids. 10% of the time a person who has a kid will tell you that it's ok not to have kids and you don't have to try. 90% of the time, they will tell you that you don't know what you're talking about. It is most certainly not equal.
Here's some classic zingers I've heard from parents:

(This is probably the weirdest/dumbest!) Who will make you a birthday cake?

I will, bitch.

You're still young, you'll change your mind!

This one pisses me off every time. I'm almost 25, I've never had a desire for children, I don't believe in the "biological clock" (who the hell even says that stupid crap?) and I'm certainly not below you in any way, just because you managed to figure out how your reproductive organs work.

And of course there's the classic "I'm better than you - you can tell by the SUV-sized stroller I've placed in your way and my 3 screaming kids who sound like lost relatives of pterodactyls" sneer.

I've never said to a parent "wow, what if you never had children? Just think of the possibilities!" or "I bet you regret that!" but they never hesitate to hate on the child-free.