Music Banter - View Single Post - The many benefits of a child-free life
View Single Post
Old 11-23-2013, 09:43 PM   #96 (permalink)
WWWP
county fair energy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Burning Down View Post
That has to be the most ridiculous thing I've ever read. I don't even think other child free people would think that way.

Most child free people, that I've come across anyways, don't see other people having children as a disservice to society either. Well, the rude ones do but most tolerate people's desire to have kids just as they expect others to tolerate their decision not to.
He doesn't mean it in that having a child is a crime on the same level as murder, he's describing the permanency of the act, albeit not well.

I am one of those rude child-free people. Bringing a person into the world has more weight than other decisions the population is meant to tolerate. It's not like tolerating someones decision whether or not to smoke or whether or not to drive a PT Cruiser.

There are no reasons to have a child that don't take root in some kind of selfish desire, and writing it off as a primal instinct is no longer relevant. We do not need to keep procreating to keep the species alive in a world population of `~8 billion - that's merely an ill-thought-out justification. It's the same as saying we should continue to eat meat because that's what we've "always" done.

For me it's a matter of critical thinking and a principle of morality.
Quote:
Originally Posted by jadis View Post
WWWP is pretty but should be cancelled (digital blackface)

#DEMODFROWNLAND
#TERMLIMITSFORMODERATORS
WWWP is offline   Reply With Quote