Music Banter - View Single Post - I'm Here Today, Expect It To Stay On - Ki's Journal of Music
View Single Post
Old 11-23-2013, 11:33 PM   #117 (permalink)
Key

Now that the introduction has been done, I want to post some music from one of my all time favorite Christian Progressive Rock bands "Theocracy". I remember when I first heard about them it was an accidental stumble upon a video on Youtube. I wasn't familiar with the band name and all that led me to click on it was the album cover. This exact song was the one I found:

Still by far one of my all time favorite Theocracy songs to date, I mean...that intro! The whole song is groovy and honestly, I would not have known they were a Christian prog band had I not looked them up, mostly because they don't overwhelm you with Christianity. Obviously they are all about Christianity, but listening to it with an open mind, you wouldn't know.

And then we come to their most recent album "As The World Bleeds"...

...which honestly has to be one of the best progressive metal albums I have ever heard, and trust me, there's a long list of prog metal that I enjoy and love and would probably put close to number one if I brought them up. All the tracks are good, and it's all made so much better with the powerful guitar chords along with Matt Smith's fantastic vocal range. Definitely one album always worth checking out.
Key is offline   Reply With Quote