Music Banter - View Single Post - The many benefits of a child-free life
View Single Post
Old 11-25-2013, 07:18 PM   #156 (permalink)
butthead aka 216
Account Disabled

Location: freely swimmin thru the waters of glory much like a majestic bald eagle soars thru the skies

Quote:
Originally Posted by Burning Down View Post
It's a great analogy. You don't know how your kid is going to turn out as an adult, since the future can't be predicted. You could either be the best parent in the world and your child could become the next Ted Bundy, or you could be the worst parent possible and your kid could become president. Of course parents have a huge influence on their children, which is why it's so important to set a good example for them. But you can't shelter your kids either. They are going to be exposed to society right from the beginning - then it's up to the individual child to decide right from wrong. You hope that they make the right choices in life but you can't exactly prevent them from making the wrong choices either. Just like you can't predict which chamber the bullet is in when you play Russian roulette.
we can disagree then. like i said, you have a lot of influence on how your child ends up. its mostly up to you and your parentin. theres events ya cant predict or prepare for but ya can teach someone how to deal with trauma or adversity or whatever

Quote:
Originally Posted by ladyislingering View Post
thanks, but I'm almost 25 and I've been engaged twice, married, divorced, and I'm not going to tolerate another loss (and Ki is mature enough to know this - we made a promise to each other for life).
actually wasnt really talkin specifically about you since it was more just an example of how things change
butthead aka 216 is offline   Reply With Quote