Music Banter - View Single Post - I'm Here Today, Expect It To Stay On - Ki's Journal of Music
View Single Post
Old 11-27-2013, 01:17 AM   #120 (permalink)
Key

Video Game Music Special

I wanted to talk about a game that is both near and dear to my teenage memories as well as a game who's music I will cherish for as long as I live. That game is Runescape. Yes, I was a Runescape player, but hell...at least I was inside playing a game that I loved instead of going out and doing drugs and alcohol. I spent most if not all my teenage years playing this game. I believe I started playing it around 2006, and finally stopped playing in late 2011 due to not liking the changes the creators were making to the game. It was no longer about the fun, it was more about the in game economy, but that's not why I am bringing this up, the main reason for this post is the music that would play during many events of the game. I can honestly say that every song I heard from the soundtrack of this game fills my mind and heart with so much nostalgia that it's almost unbearable (in a good way). I'll post a few that really hit me in the heart and fill me with nostalgic sadness:

I remember playing Castle Wars for hours and this music really put me into the right mood for the setting.

But of course, the most nostalgic music comes from the music you hear from the cities you would stand in for countless hours talking to other players about trading items, doing quests, and god knows what else, here's a few that I remember clearly:

Spoiler for for nostalgia:

However, with posting the music from the towns, and Castle Wars, there will always be that one song that really hits it home, and that one is titled "Autumn Voyage", not only does this song fill me with the most nostalgia out of them all, it is the first Runescape song that I actually really liked. I remember going to the song list and always choosing that one. I just liked it. I liked how catchy it is, etc etc. It got to the point that I was at school and I would hum it all day.

Anyway, if I keep going, i'm going to be filled with so much nostalgia that I may explode so i'll keep this one short. Runescape played a huge role in my life in being literally the first MMORPG that I really worked on, really loved, and really miss. I would love to go back in time and just watch myself enjoy the game as much as I did. The unfortunate part about it is...if I started playing again, it just wouldn't feel the same. The game has changed so much that I really would not find any sort of enjoyment out of it. I still have my character and everything, but it just grew stale, and it's unfortunate that it got that point because it made me not want to play the game that I grew to love so much. But...that's what makes a good game, I guess.
Key is offline   Reply With Quote