Music Banter - View Single Post - Life Is a Serious Business, Damnit!
View Single Post
Old 11-27-2013, 08:18 AM   #1 (permalink)
Mr. Charlie
Shoo Thoughts

Default Life Is a Serious Business, Damnit!

Ever feel that most people take life too seriously? My children, my future, my career, my bank account, my car, my possessions, my reputation, my appearance, haha, sometimes it seems the species has gone mad reaching for things, gone mad interfering with things, mad with worry that they may not achieve the lofty expectations they set themselves.

And they're forever moaning about the things they encounter throughout life, surprised that the universe isn't unfolding as they hoped it would, as they epected it to. Craziest of all is their reaction when death comes to those around them, they sob and wail, as if the one thing guaranteed in life - death, was somehow unexpected. It's like they don't understand that the unspoken deal at birth is their body is borrowed for a brief and undisclosed amount of time, after which the universe takes it back and recycles it.

I appreciate this is somewhat of a sweeping generalisation of my fellow man, but it's true for most people I've met in life; and before the charge of hypocrisy is thrown my way, this ain't a moan, I ain't bitching, it's merely an amusing observation. Like the brilliant philosopher Democritus, I choose to laugh, not cry, at the madness in men (and that's where any similarity ends, haha).

Do you agree? Or am I the crazy fool here? Enlighten me.
Mr. Charlie is offline   Reply With Quote