Music Banter - View Single Post - Top 10 Awesome Rock Band Logos
View Single Post
Old 11-28-2013, 11:16 AM   #14 (permalink)
Screen13
Music Addict

The next five...does it have to be 10?!!!
Anyway, this is a collection of logos that drew my attention in a wonderful era of discovery, all from my collection.

Naz Nomad and the Nightmares - The Damned turned themselves into a Tribute to the Garage Psych 60's for a pretty cool (if not really essential) album of mainly covers, Give Daddy the Knife, Cindy, dressed up as a soundtrack to a non-existing movie (although the title would have made it something cool if it were by either Hammer, AIP, or Amicus). This got everything right: lower case lettering, the linking N for the name, bubble letters without going Hippie, the highlighted O forming a breast (wink wink!), and of course that cool "and the..." name. Kinky tribute!

The Misfits - From what's possibly the most iconic vinyl of their original (and best) days, I chose this for both having it on 12" and that I always saw that two skulls were better than one!

Sleep Chamber - from the Sleep, or Forever Hold Your Piece CD, the logo fitted the music, especially that of the very early (and more abrasive) years. An iconic very Underground US happening in The Mid-Late 80's.

Julian Cope - Here is the great Mid 80's logo in it's best use for his second album Fried. When a lot of 80's Popsters were going all neon and flashy, Julian kept things simple with the logo used on the Fried and St. Julian covers.

The Velvet Underground - From the classic White Light/White Heat. Simple and striking!
Attached Thumbnails
Top 10 Awesome Rock Band Logos-image-102-.jpg   Top 10 Awesome Rock Band Logos-image-108-.jpg   Top 10 Awesome Rock Band Logos-image-103-.jpg   Top 10 Awesome Rock Band Logos-jcope.jpg   Top 10 Awesome Rock Band Logos-image-107-.jpg  

Last edited by Screen13; 11-28-2013 at 11:24 AM.
Screen13 is offline   Reply With Quote