Music Banter - View Single Post - What's The Latest Film You Have Seen?
View Single Post
Old 11-28-2013, 12:32 PM   #13635 (permalink)
bob.
Still sends his reguards.

so this being a "reinterpretation" of the original source material (a comic book) and not a "remake" of the damn near perfect Chan-wook Park film

although this is a very American film....it keeps some of the Asian style....style?

that is the problem here....there is no style....certainly not like the original....the violence and blood shed are turned up....and the ending is clear cut and almost happy.....the "twist" is blown even further than in the original

i will say that having not seen the original in a least a couple of years was helpful in actually enjoying this version....although i had the general story down this one was a bit different and so it produced a little bit of freshness....and again it follows the same format but not exactly the same story

the cast was splendid....except for the squid...who only makes a quick cameo and was a real let down

overall not that bad....but i would suggest watching all three in the "Revenge" trilogy over this very American version

edit

i will say this...i tricked my sister and her husband into going with me...just because i wanted to see their reactions....and they did not see the "twist" coming at all

also

I really did enjoy this version....it just did not have anywhere near the affect of the original....but that could be just because I knew the plot

Last edited by bob.; 11-29-2013 at 02:49 AM.
bob. is offline   Reply With Quote