Music Banter - View Single Post - I'm Here Today, Expect It To Stay On - Ki's Journal of Music
View Single Post
Old 11-29-2013, 11:41 PM   #121 (permalink)
Key

It's unfortunate to say that there aren't a lot of Nick Drake albums to choose from to be included in a list like this, however I will say that this one in particular is easily the one I like the most. Not saying the others are bad in any way, i'd include them all on this list, but this one in particular has a special place for whatever reason. One of those reason being that it was the first full album of Nick Drake that I listened to and enjoyed, as is with other albums from other artists. I was a bit skeptical at first because I wasn't too keen on his voice, I actually found it sort of annoying, but with time, it became obvious that this was a person I really wanted to enjoy, and with the help of reading lyrics for the songs he sang, it just dawned on me that I really do enjoy this artist. Of course, i'm one of the many who was disappointed to hear of his lack of attention and short lived life while making the music that he did. I really can't explain in detail why I find this album so enjoyable, I just do. It has the flow, and it grasps my attention fully from front to back. It really is one of his best, and it's held in such high regard for that reason.
Key is offline   Reply With Quote