Music Banter - View Single Post - The Batlord Likes Scuzzy, Low-Rent Metal, and You Should Too
View Single Post
Old 11-30-2013, 11:05 AM   #47 (permalink)
The Batlord
Zum Henker Defätist!!

Don't know if I'm resurrecting this or just randomly posting but I felt like talking about a band I've just listened to for the first time...

Exciter: Heavy Metal Maniac - 1983

Dude, just look at that cover. You already know what you're going to get with that cover: supreme goodness. Or supreme awfulness. Either one. And depending on whether or not you like ****ty, dated, 1980's speed metal then pick one and that's exactly what you get. From a creative standpoint this is garbage. It's basically just Judas Priest, Iron Maiden, and Motorhead (I'm 99.9% sure they even completely lifted the drum intro from "Overkill" for "Under Attack") and sped it up further. If that sounds dull and/or stupid, then you are correct, but if you could give a **** about things like "class" or "creativity" then this is as fantastic as you could hope for. The only thing this band really seems to have going for them is energy, but they have that in bags and bags, and even though most of the songs sound the same and all go by in a blur, they all make you want to do everything you're already doing a lot faster than normal. Go grocery shopping with this on your iPod and you may just get to the checkout counter and find that you've left a blood trail going back to the frozen food section.

There is only one bright spot and that is the growing habit of disgruntled men of dynamiting factories and power-stations; I hope that, encouraged now as ‘patriotism’, may remain a habit! But it won’t do any good, if it is not universal.
The Batlord is offline   Reply With Quote