Music Banter - View Single Post - Miracles of Modern Science
View Single Post
Old 12-01-2013, 05:12 AM   #14 (permalink)
Trollheart
Born to be mild

I personally would not listen to any song unless there was a full Wiki page explaining who they were.

Seriously though, I think it's important to put some sort of basic information about the artist, if only so that someone who hates this kind of music doesn't click on the video and be disappointed. Nobody's asking for half a wiki page, but something like: "These are Miracles of Modern Science. They're a post-punk neo-thrash smooth jazz avant-garde combo who have three albums and I really like them" would help. Honestly, Big3, if this wasn't you I would say that OP read more like someone who had nine posts rather than nine thousand! I think a little effort put into explaining what the band is about would have helped.

If I post a video to start a thread, unless the title explains it ("New prog band from Austria!" etc) I'd always make sure I explained briefly what they were about. I wouldn't post blindly. You may know who MoMS are, I don't and many people here may not, so you need to prepare people for what they are about to hear. I wouldn't want to click on a video and find it was hardcore punk or juggalo without knowing beforehand.

Also, I thought the thread title referred to great advances in medicine or cool new gadgets invented. Boo.

OT: have you heard Waits' new live album yet?