Music Banter - View Single Post - Death
Thread: Death
View Single Post
Old 12-01-2013, 09:01 AM   #5 (permalink)
Screen13
Music Addict

Great stuff! Certainly up there with The 5's High Time and The Stooges Funhouse when it comes to solid Advanced High Energy Rock from Detroit in the Early-Mid 70's that led to Punk - the anger in the streets from the Summer of '67's riots and the short lived revolutionary music scene of '68-9 was still within a few adventurous musicians. The saddest thing was that this was seriously in the Post-Grande era where the bar bands, Arena Rock that was the business, and boogie bands were all around and FM in the SE MI and NW OH areas, sans WABX and WWWW and maybe a couple more if I missed, were following the FM Rock ratings lead of WRIF (which I think started in 1971 - owned by the ABC network) while AM already moved into an MOR dump was reflective of that business move - WKNR-AM's final year I think in 71-2 with it's short lived FM side was gone. Too late for "the party", but seriously way ahead of the time for Punk - I can seriously hear them as the precursor for Bad Brains as you can hear that killer vocal delivery forcing you to listen and pay attention. If things would have been right in the heart of '69, they would have been heard right away, but as things usually go we know that story all too well.

The single was certainly one of those which attracted the few seriously in the search and in the know.
Screen13 is offline   Reply With Quote