Music Banter - View Single Post - Your Day
Thread: Your Day
View Single Post
Old 12-02-2013, 02:09 PM   #25763 (permalink)
The Batlord
Zum Henker Defätist!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by djchameleon View Post
I know I brought this up before but it's kind of funny how much you appreciate animals when they are basically mentally stunted children. Their little brains don't develop past that of a 2 year old in cats and a 7 year old in dogs.
Because they're you think of them as your children yet for the most part they don't have a lot of the negative aspects of children.

Quote:
It is kind of sickening how badly you get punished in public opinion for mistreating animals but if you mistreat people zero fucks are given.

I don't think animals should be mistreated but I think the value that people place on animals over humans is just strange and shows a lack of empathy.
A person can stick up for themselves and understand what's actually going on. A dog that gets kicked doesn't understand. And if you kick your dog you're betraying what is basically an unconditional trust that that dog has placed in you when they have no real recourse except to attack you, after which they will get put to sleep.
There is only one bright spot and that is the growing habit of disgruntled men of dynamiting factories and power-stations; I hope that, encouraged now as ‘patriotism’, may remain a habit! But it won’t do any good, if it is not universal.
The Batlord is offline   Reply With Quote