Music Banter - View Single Post - Most Miserable Cities in the US
View Single Post
Old 12-02-2013, 05:25 PM   #53 (permalink)
zombie kid
Music Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Charlie View Post
I wouldn't pay these kinda lists any mind. Happiness comes from within and cannot be gauged by external factors. The only way to know if people are happy is to ask them. The kinda data these lists use to reach their conclusions make life easier, not necessarily happier.

I've travelled a fair bit in my time and the happiest people I ever met were not in America or the UK or France or Germany or Israel or any other wealthy nation. The happiest people I ever met were poverty stricken individuals in Nigeria and in India and they had nothing, they lived in dead end s**thole villages with no healthcare, one of them had half a leg and was selling bananas at the sidde of the road, and yet there was more happiness in their eyes than I've seen in anyone.
Mate, you wouldn't know miserable living conditions if they smacked you in the fucking face. I lived in Belgrade when NATO bombed the crap out of it in the late 90's. Do you know what it's like to have to live under a cement structure for 4 months, and then not know if your house is going to still be there when you get out? When you don't know if you're going to get your next meal or where it's coming from?

Stop spewing the "poverty and hardship is happiness" philosophy to everybody.
zombie kid is offline   Reply With Quote