Music Banter - View Single Post - New Years Resolutions
View Single Post
Old 12-02-2013, 05:37 PM   #98 (permalink)
Paul Smeenus
David Hasselhoff

Quote:
Originally Posted by Christian Benteke View Post
I wouldn't say so, I usually get into trouble or do things I regret. I started drinking when I was 12 and have done it regularly since with a 6 month period of being sober in 2010 and I'm honestly bored of it.

I don't wake up needing a drink and I can go about 10 days without having one fairly easily (with a few minor complaints i.e. at the football) but then as soon as I have one again that's it, I go on a three/four day bender. I have absolutely no decision making when that first drink hits me. I'm one of those types that is begging his mates to stay out at the end of the night and if they fuck off I find another way to carry on the party, will keep on drinking until I black out or fall asleep. Those with self control like my mates don't understand.

Day 18 for me now.

Awesome job on the 18 days!

A common misconception about the condition of alcoholism is that it's this one common experience, and that if you don't drink daily you're not affected. I was much the same way, I went through a drying out period that could be anywhere from a couple days to a couple weeks. But eventually I would be back to attacking alcohol (that's definitely the best way to describe the way I drank). The only common experience with each individual is that they do not have the ability to control their drinking.

I hope you have some kind of support system in place. I'm not telling you what to do, mind you, just sharing my own experience.
Gentle Giant Catalog Review

The entire Ditty Bops catalog reviewed
Paul Smeenus is offline   Reply With Quote