Music Banter - View Single Post - I'm Here Today, Expect It To Stay On - Ki's Journal of Music
View Single Post
Old 12-02-2013, 06:06 PM   #122 (permalink)
Key

The Solo Work of Robert Plant

I talk a bit about Led Zeppelin here and there, but I never mention Robert Plant. It's not that I never wanted to, I just never had the time. I'll try to hit on as many albums I can of his, though it's very hit and miss. I'll get right into it though.

The Principle of Moments

Starting off with the second of his solo albums, but the first of which I actually heard. I found a whole different type of enjoyment out of this, but in a very positive way. Don't get me wrong, I love Robert Plant in whatever he does, but hearing him by himself made me realize that he really does have a voice and can use it to it's fullest extent. This album in particular has a very...laid back 80's feel to it. It's pretty much what you would expect an album released in the 80's to feel like, just add Robert Plant. I do love it though, as it gives me a new side of the singer that I wasn't too familiar with. I find that his voice in his solo work exceeds his work with Zeppelin bar none, however. I could be wrong, it just seems like he's actually singing in his solo work, whereas with Zeppelin, it was more about the looks. Of course, I do like his griddy, grungy type voice with Zeppelin, so there's that. As for personal favorite tracks, i've got a few, but i'll only post one. The first track on the album...

It is simply just fantastic and a very good album to listen to if you feel like lighting up some incense and just chillin and having a good time. It just has that relaxed feel to it, and continues to feel that way throughout the album.
Key is offline   Reply With Quote